Big Boy's Birthday!


Just a couple days after I broke my right ankle, my sweet boy celebrated his 4th birthday! There were some mishaps due to the fact that I was injured for this birthday but we still did our very best to make it extra special for him and stretch it out!



It makes my heart so full and happy to see the bond Amity and Everest have. She loves him through and through and they really are the best of friends at their current ages. I hope it's always that way. I pray about that a lot and hope they always feel like they have each other and also want to lean into each other's lives - wherever the roads ahead may take them.

Also - we improvised on our special birthday treat for his actual birthday. His original request was this amazing Crazy Chocolate Cake by Gluten Free on a Shoestring's blog. After a wonderful day that included the Train Museum, a visit to John Galt Coffee Company with HUGE and DELICIOUS cinnamon rolls, and then a trip to see "Small Feet" at the theater after we picked up Amity, it felt completely and totally appropriate to stop at Village Inn and buy the most amazing Chocolate Silk Pie. So that's what we did and I have no regrets about it. I think it tasted even better because I didn't have to stress over making it and could just enjoy watching my boy celebrate his birthday.









For his birthday this year Aaron and I got him a new big boy bedding set, a fun batman quilt with a matching pillow as well as this adorable "cozy" batman costume. It mirrors one that we had gotten for him around 2 years old that he loved to pieces and ever since he grew out of it the desire for another one just like it has been on his mind and he has communicated for well over a year how much he'd love a new one. Watching him open this up and see his excitement was a surprise gift all it's own for Aaron and I. Also, doesn't he make the cutest batman ever?


I had to keep this one just out of complete hilarity - haha!


For Everest's party he had two sweet friends, Remy and Bryce come by (along with their siblings too who are also dear friends) and it was the perfect blend of friend time complete with dress up as super heroes. Aaron went outside and snapped this fun and epic pics of them being heroes off the little play house in the backyard.








Anne brought Everest a new batman and the kids loved snuggling up with her to open it together!

Everest really loves his best buddy Remy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amity's Big Debut in Album Art!

One of the Hardest Weeks

Giggling, Smiling, and Growing Up So Quickly!