Amity's First Photo Shoot

As many of you are well aware, Aaron and I are often found peering through lenses of all sizes, trying to capture life as we see it creatively, artistically, and as it's happening. We love doing portraits, weddings, etc. and it was so exciting for me to finally have a baby of my very own to capture on camera! I have been dreaming up all the cute things to do with her first pictures for months now and couldn't wait to have my dreams come to life.

Well, as life would have it, Amity had other plans. She surprisingly, or not, decided to be a super stinker when it came to the night we were going to do her pictures. Never before, or since, has she been that cranky or out of sorts with anything, but that night, she definitely was not having it!

I handmade a banner with her name on it and Aaron and I had found the perfect basket for her to show off her cuteness.


Fortunately, despite her efforts to cry, fuss, and have stinker faces, we did get some gems, however, I'm thinking this might be a set up for what it's going to be like, as a photographer, trying to take professional, posed, pictures of my own kiddo. She already must be aware that a camera will probably be in her face quite often, and she is making a stand on how she feels about that, even at 2 weeks! :)


Despite it all, she will still be my favorite subject in any picture from here on out and yes, you will still find me often behind a lens.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amity's Big Debut in Album Art!

One of the Hardest Weeks

Giggling, Smiling, and Growing Up So Quickly!